Thursday 22 September 2011

Retail Therapy

I took Jan window shopping in the morning.  Fortunately Ellesmere doesn’t have a large number of shops so it didn’t take too long.  Before we left the boat I had checked the internet to see if there was a laundrette in Ellesmere but could find nothing.  Jan asked in the TIC and there is one on Victoria St next to the fish 7 Chip shop (handy).  The hours are 7.00am to 7.00pm 7 days per week.  We will probably use it tomorrow.

Then it was back to Tesco.  Immediately it was apparent we would be doing two trips.   Actually, looking at how the trolley was filling on the first trip I started to envisage multiple trips between Tesco and Kelly-Louise.  However the first trip actually went well and I managed to push the trolley all the way back to the boat.

Jan’s only posing…. I pushed the trolley! And yes……. I took it back rather than park it in the canal.Smile

It was only when I returned the trolley into the rack that I saw the sign stating the trolleys can’t be taken beyond the “Red Line” and the wheel on the trolley would lock if you attempted to do so.  Well it didn’t!

The basin at the end of the Ellesmere Arm looks very quiet at night.  However I did notice the surveillance camera, so someone keeps an eye on the location.

Tesco by Night

The Basin

Ellesmere by night

No comments :