Saturday 14 March 2015

Night Shots

Daniel (youngest son) and I visited a number of camera shops today to examine tripods.  If I’m going to take any half decent photo’s I really need a suitable tripod.  Now he has an expensive tripod (about £150) which is considerably higher than my budget.  “No more than £50!” I told him.  In the end I bought a reasonably robust tripod for £55.  Like his; It has a ball head and camera boot. 

He took me to Oxford Street to practice night photograph.  I had to experiment with the shutter and ISO speeds.  Initially I was making the camera move when pressing the shutter button.  Then Daniel showed me how to set the timer and delay the shutter.  This gave the camera time to stabilise. 

5 comments :

Herbie Neil said...

Very impressive.
Kath (nb Herbie)

Marilyn, nb Waka Huia said...

Very arty - told you you'd pick it up fast.
But I cannot see which bus you've photographed - in my need for information, how can I use you as Routemaster?

Carol said...

You’re getting there Tom! one-to-one tuition is great. I would be forgetting which setting was to which photo in a matter of seconds!

Tom and Jan said...

Carol, The software shows the settings when the photo was taken. However these might be the only good photos out of the 100's I took! 😂

Tom and Jan said...

Marilyn
As you can see, the bus was going too fast to get its number! :-)