Monday 6 June 2016

The Titanic passed by today

The next major engine service should be easier now we’ve been able to collect our latest purchase.  It’s a 1.5 ltr fluid vacuum pump (£12.04 Ebay) which will be used to extract the oil from the gearbox.

20160605-P1020767

The boater moored ahead of us decided to wash his boat giving me a strong feeling of “the guilts” and for some silly reason I had to go out into the full heat of the day to wash and polish the cabin roof.  Fortunately the guilty feeling passed before I did the port side.  Meanwhile youngest son was sent out to BBQ the lunch.  He’s quite a good cook so it’s obviously something he inherited from his mother because I burn water and have been known to poison myself with my own cooking.

20160605-P1020768

Jan bought the steak from Lidl Wigan and its been in the freezer ever since.  We all agreed it was very tasty which is probably why Daniel is taking a photo?.  Jan doesn’t like her photo being taken so I’ll say this is a photo of our new ‘rollup table’ that was on special in Halfords.

20160605-P1020769

Boats have been going past us all day.  It would be the most traffic we’ve seen in several weeks.  I thought the Titanic had been sunk but was assured it cruised past late in the afternoon.

20160605-P1020771

I’ve been beavering away on the Raspberry Pi and have completed 90% of my second project, but I’ll leave that for another post.

No comments :