Sunday 27 January 2019

The Shed

The exterior of the shed has now been completed and I’ve made a start on the first fit electrics

I’m not in favour of 240V cables being close to metal.  Yes, the cable is double insulated, but I just have this thing about electrical safety.  After a trip to the hardware we are poorer but I did have the necessary plastic conduit and fitting to complete the pre-lining wiring.

The right side of the shed will have a long bench with drawers below and cupboards above.  The drop saw will be fitted towards one end.  I’ll also need a power socket for recharging portable power tools.

The right socket is for the drop saw and left for general use.  All the cables are run through pvc conduit.

My heavy work bench will go against the rear wall.  The carpentry vice at one end and the engineering vice at the other.  Only one power point, however there is a second, separate wiring circuit here which will be the power supply to the pool pump and filter.

 

This is only a temporary location for the drop saw.

I’ve also installed one lighting circuit for LED strip lights.  you may have noticed the ceiling has already been insulated.

The left wall will have a tool shadow board.  I plan to install the switchboard where the arrow is pointing in the photo below.  The light switch will be just to the left of the photo.

I always knew the shed would need to be fully insulated.  It was like an oven during the fit out!  My next stage is to install an interior light timber wall frame which will hold the glass wool insulation in place and provide support for the plywood lining.

This is a first draft of my planned drop saw bench done in Google SketchUp.

The final location of the saw will be further to the right and I haven’t shown the drawers underneath the bench.

6 comments :

Pip and Mick said...

Arrows, arrows everywhere! You've made my Sunday morning a happy one Tom. No watermarks though?
Pip

KevinTOO said...

Sorry Tom but... "This is a first draft of my planned drop saw bench done in Google SketchUp." is just a 'No Entry' sign :(

Pip and Mick said...

Hate too say this Tom, but
When I looked at you post this morning everything was there, this afternoon Mick looked from his tablet and there was a no entry sign on your Google SketchUp. Other photos were there.

Paul (from Waterway Routes) said...

The last picture is missing - unless you were deliberately posting a picture of a "No Entry" sign. They are very popular these days.

Tom and Jan said...

Pip there are no watermarks as I didn't use Lightroom to edit these photos.

Paul, KevinToo, Mick, Something strange is happening with Google/Blogger. I'll repost the drawing. I also noticed none of your comments had been published despite me clicking on the publish button. Instead they swere sitting in the "awaiting moderation" area.

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

Still not showing the last picture...