Sunday 27 September 2020

Nearly There!

As Jan pointed out; it’s been almost a year since I started the bathroom renovation project.  Jerry; the Polish (as in country – not shine) Tiler; has been making steady progress.  He is quite meticulous and the finished product looks good.  I have assisted with some of the tile cutting; but only where my cuts will be concealed!

Just the grouting to be done tomorrow and then I can start on reinstalling the towel rails, mirror, etc.

P1010132

Jan had decided she didn’t want all the walls covered in large while ceramic tiles and announced the exterior wall would be clad in subway tiles.  That surprised me and I immediately tried to recall what the tiles were in Subway.  I’ve only eaten in one three times so it was a bit of a struggle.  Yes, I know…. I’m a fella and the trigger word “subway” had me thinking of food.  Meanwhile Jan was thinking “subway” ( a tunnel under a road for use by pedestrians).  Or brick shaped tiles!

P1010131

She appears to love the new look. 

No comments :