Thursday 3 June 2021

Winter is Here

Winter is officially here and Jan’s recently planted Daffodils are obviously quite confused.

P1010469

I assume I’m correct in believing daffodils aren’t supposed to awaken on the first day of winter?

Jan is the gardener and I’ll leave her to resolve the matter.  I’ve retired to the ‘man cave’ and started on my French Cleat storage system.  I’m glad my brother casually mentioned the French cleat system during a recent conversation.  I like the concept and have been cutting up sheets of 18mm plywood with the Makita rail track and plunge saw.

P1010467P1010470 

This was followed by a day of sanding the cut lengths followed by the application of varnish to the bevelled edge on each length.  Varnishing the edges may not have been necessary, but I decided I wanted to minimise the possibly of the edges absorbing moisture and swelling.

The first set of rails went on the rear wall.

P1010471 

One more horizontal rail to install

You can see how the system locks together in the following photo.

P1010472 

With the rails up it was time to make individual holder for the various tools.

P1010473

I’m making this up as I proceed Smile

P1010474

Rear wall completed

P1010475

With the tools now moved from the side wall to the rear I could start installing rails on the side wall

P1010476

I like the modular concept.  It provides flexibility on the location of the tools and other stored items.

 

1 comment :

Catherine H said...

The leaves on various bulbs here in Tasmania are out of the ground and a few snow drops are flowering already. I thought they flowered in spring too, but this happened last year as well. Maybe it is climate change.