Wednesday 18 January 2023

I Remembered

Back when we were fitting out Waiouru at Aldermaston Wharf I wrote in one of the blog posts I'd broken one of the blades on my Leatherman multitool lamenting the loss.  Subsequently I received a comment mentioning the Leatherman comes with a lifetime guarantee and I should be able to get it repaired at no cost.

Well I followed that advice and was sent a replacement Leatherman.

Roll the clock forward to December 2022 when I was using the Leatherman in Taipei to disassemble my bike ready for its return to Perth.  Well one of the screwdriver blades on the Leatherman broke.  The shaft of the flat tip blade sheared on a very stiff screw head.

After arriving back in Perth I remembered the lifetime guarantee and sent the damaged Leatherman to the Australian distributor in Sydney.

Today I received a new Leatherman

P1020480    

My old Leatherman wasn't repaired but rather replaced.  One assumes it's cheaper to replace than repair?   I'm very pleased with the service as I frequently use the Leatherman.  

1 comment :

Jenny said...

That's certainly good service, twice over!