Day One
Our youngest son is visiting and we decided to make a 2200km 4WD trip around a portion of West Australia as a reconnaissance for a potential club trip next year.
On the first day we drove 300km to a free campsite at Mollerin Rock. Unfortunately the weather wasn’t kind and we experienced cold and windy conditions with some drizzle. That night I attempted to cook roast lamb in the camp oven. I’m not much of a cook and wasn’t expecting a success. Fortunately (for me) Daniel has inherited his mother’s culinary skills and was able to take over much of the task.
I had moderate success boiling the water.
We had a spectacular sunset.
But it was a late dinner as the lamb roast was very large and took ages too cook. In the end we resorted to preliminary cooking the veggies in a separate pot and only adding them to the oven t the very end.
The rooftop tent got buffeted around by the wind during the night which disrupted our sleep,
No comments :
Post a Comment