Friday, 11 September 2026

Spring 2026 4WD Trip

Day One

Our youngest son is visiting and we decided to make a 2200km 4WD trip around a portion of West Australia as a reconnaissance for a potential club trip next year.

 

On the first day we drove 300km to a free campsite at Mollerin Rock.  Unfortunately the weather wasn’t kind and we experienced cold and windy conditions with some drizzle.   That night I attempted to cook roast lamb in the camp oven.  I’m not much of a cook and wasn’t expecting a success.  Fortunately (for me) Daniel has inherited his mother’s culinary skills and was able to take over much of the task.

 

Day1ADay1B

I had moderate success boiling the water.

We had a spectacular sunset.

Day1C

But it was a late dinner as the lamb roast was very large and took ages too cook.   In the end we resorted to preliminary cooking the veggies in a separate pot and only adding them to the oven t the very end.

Day1D

The rooftop tent got buffeted around by the wind during the night which disrupted our sleep,

1 comment :

Jenny said...

I'm so pleased you can count on moderate success for boiling water! Looks like your sucess for roast lamb was all due to your son. My blog list is finally updating after a wee while so I'm catching up with your Aussie outback adventures over my breakfast.