Saturday 5 February 2022

Almost There

The router fence is going to have sacrificial facings made of mdf.  These will be adjustable.   I needed to cut four slots in the aluminium extrusion to allow the mdf facing to move.  This was achieved by drilling 7mm holes at either end of the planned slot locations.  However the 7mm hole was too small for the jigsaw blade to fit.

P1010836

Doesn’t fit

I could drill a second hole adjacent to the first but opted for an alternative method.  Using the bench grinder I removed 3mm from the back of the jigsaw blade allowing it to fit into the holes. 

Once the holes were cut I did another test fit.

P1010837P1010838P1010839

The next step will be to fit the dust extractor hood to the fence.

The small 12V water pump for the pool solar water heater was examined and I identified the male inlet and outlet connections were 10mm whilst the water pipe connections are 20mm.  I need two 10-20mm female adapters and I can’t find any.  My solution has been to buy two 15-20mm female adapters and Araldite the 15mm ends onto the 10mm pump connections.

P1010841 

The connections will eventually look like this

P1010842

The diameter of the pump inlet and Outlet looks about 5mm.  The pump is only rated at 6 litres/minute and I suspect I won’t have to worry about the pump replacing the water in the panels quickly.

P1010840

Now waiting on another China delivery.

2 comments :

Dave said...

Hi Tom

Not convinced the araldite will last. Can you get or make a sleeve to insert in the 15mm end to reduce it to 10mm and then araldite that which would be stronger

Tom and Jan said...

Dave the fit between the two surfaces was quite snug. Time will tell if it works. Actually I'm not convinced I need the pump :-)