Wednesday 2 March 2022

Brain–Body Disconnect

Purchasing the bicycle has been an enjoyable decision which has resulted in me gaining the freedom to explore further afield.  Moreover converting it to an e-bike has extended my range.  Over some of the recent hot days I sat at the computer and traced out all the city’s ‘Principal shared Paths (PsP) using MS Windows and a program named OSMAND.

perth 

The network is quite extensive and I started to salivate at the thought of cycling everywhere.  But first I wanted to finish some additions to the bike.

P1010867

The first three have been delivered.  A bike stand to the rear wheel and a handlebar extension.

P1010868

The extension has made room for a small carry bag and a new location for the mobile phone which is used as a satnav.  Yet to be delivered is a replacement bell (louder ding Smile) some mudguards and a new chain ring.

It was about this time there was a disconnect between the brain and body.  The brain thought it was still in its mid 30’s and decided to ride accordingly.  The body decided it was in its early 70’s and acted accordingly.  The body won Sad smile

I haven’t been able to ride for the last three days after my left knee gave me some grief.  The brain shouldn’t have been so reckless.  Using more of the electric assistance would have prevented this occurring.

However the brain hasn’t learnt and has been researching more adventurous ideas.  Where can I go for a long cycling trip.  Obviously not Australia.  Too vast, with not much in between.  Besides I’m saving that for the 4WD and camper trailer.  It would have to be overseas.  How do you take a bike overseas?  After looking at the atlas Taiwan looked promising.  I’d just need to get there before the Chinese Peoples Liberation Army.  Putin might be assisting me with that!  More research required! 

 

No comments :