Monday 17 January 2011

Canal GPS Data

A few postings ago I wrote about setting up topographical maps in the Garmin Mapsource program so they could be transferred to our gps unit.  I’d also mentioned my Google Earth canal mapping project.  This is all starting to come to fruition and I’ve been able to import my first draft of canal routes and waypoints into the topographical map.  This following screen dump is the same location as my previous posting on the same subject.  But this time you can see the canal data.

image

One thing I have noted is the Garmin Mapsource program requires the name of every waypoint to be unique.  As a consequence it has re-numbered all the winding holes by adding a sequential decimal number to each.  The same has occurred with other duplicate names.

No comments :