Saturday 29 January 2011

It looks Huge

When you look at the inside of the empty shell it looks huge.  However once fittings start being installed I can envisage it will rapidly start to shrink in size.

We have deliberately attempted to limit the number of internal partitions (there are only three) in an effort to give the impression of “space”. 

At the far (stern) end of the cabin there is a section that has no floor joists.  (not sure if this is the correct nautical term).  I’ve tried to magnify this area in the next photo, however the resolution has made it slightly out of focus.

The red arrow is pointing to the section.  This is where the underfloor blackwater tank will be installed.  It’s one of the reasons why we specified Waiouru was to have a 20mm thick base plate. The idea is we will free up more usable space inside the cabin by installing the tank under the floor.  There is nothing new in the idea but I didn’t realise that when I first thought of it!

4 comments :

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

I would suggest they are the drains from the hatch cover gutters and maybe the bilge pump

Tom and Jan said...

Thanks Brian. You've confirmed my assumption.

Nicholsons Updates said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tom and Jan said...

I believe it is one plate. The shell build advised me that obtaining the 20mm thick steel was one reason why the shell was delayed.