Friday 26 August 2011

New Banner

Those of our readers who load and read the actual blog rather than using a reader program such as Google Reader will notice I’ve changed the blog banner.

It was time to move on……. 

Eldest son posted this which bought a smile to my face.

OMG!....I was in in the public restroom - I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice in the other stall: "Hi, how are you?"........
Me: embarrassed, "Doin' fine!"
Stall: "So what are you up to?".......
Me: "Uhhh, I'm like you, just sitting here."
Stall: "Can I come over?" .........
Me: (attitude) "No, I'm a little busy right now!!"
Stall: "Listen, I'll have to call you back. There's an idiot in the other stall who keeps answering all my questions!

It reminded me of something that recently happened to Jan at a pedestrian crossing.  She was standing there minding her own business when someone walked up beside her and said “Hi… how are you?”  Jan though it was another friendly local and replied; “Good!… and you?”

Then she realised the person was talking to themself (which was rather scary) until she realised the person had one of those mobile phone headsets behind their opposite ear and was having a remote conversation with someone else. 

Ah; the wonders of technology!

No comments :