Sunday 28 August 2011

Where is that Supermarket?

By chance I came across a useful application for our Android smartphone.  Whilst browsing through the Android Market I stumbled across “Superstores Locator”.  It’s free, and such a useful application I’ve downloaded a copy to our Samsung phone.

The application uses the mobile phone location to display the nearest supermarkets.  I presume it finds the general location using the tower to which the mobile phone is linked.

It has the locations of the following UK supermarkets

image

The location of the supermarket appears in Google Maps along with your own location (which I think is actually the mobile tower location).

image

You can see the distance to the supermarkets

image

Along with options for getting there

image

It’s rather useful!

No comments :