Tuesday 27 December 2011

Cockpit Steelwork Complete

The last of the steelwork repairs has been completed with Dennis finishing the gas locker.

In less than a day surface rust has started to form on bare steel.  I’m not going to do anything about the rust as Waiouru will be grit blasted early in the New Year.

You may have noticed the timber on the deck.  I’ve scavenged around and found some ply and particle board offcuts to enclose the back of the cabin.

The intention is this will allow the interior to dry so I can waxol the baseplate and get some primer on the new toilet tank.  I’m also attempting to minimise the volume of water entering the engine compartment.  Once it’s dry inside the compartment I will be able to tackle the rust spots and give the area another coat of primer and a top coat (or two)!

No comments :