Saturday 26 March 2016

Where am I?

IMG_9163

One of my favourite locations

IMG_9166

IMG_9168

Yes, I’m in the Lake District.  Regrettably only passing through whilst on my way to somewhere new. 

IMG_9169IMG_9173

A circular route around Lake Windermere and Coniston Water to Ambleside.

IMG_9182

I’ve heard of a UK two up and two down, but this is a one up, one down. Smile

IMG_9184IMG_9186IMG_9189

The two things I like the most is the unique stonework of the buildings and the hills.  Alas I no longer have the fitness to go racing up them.

IMG_9190

There was one hillside covered in snow.  The first real snow I’ve seen since winter 2015.  I guess the area doesn’t get much sun. 

This isn’t my internet connection so I’ll stop before I wear out my welcome.

2 comments :

Ade said...

Wow great post Tom some grand sights there.
Never been so looks like I need to.
Ade

Tom and Jan said...

Well all I can say Ade is I enjoy the scenery