Monday 2 March 2020

No…. I haven’t been lazy!

Jan caught me washing my hands in the laundry singing

“Jingle Bells…. Batman smells… Robin laid an egg!”

She asked “What the hell are you doing?”

Me: “I’ve read you should sing Jingle Bells when washing your hands because that’s the length of time it takes to correctly disinfect your hands and avoid catching the Coronavirus”

Jan: “You idiot…. It’s Happy Birthday”

Me: “Oh!”   Now I’m 107 and clocking up four years daily!

I’ve managed to fit the length of conveyor belt under the front of the trailer.  It turned out to be a right mongrel of a job with only two hands.  I could really do with a third hand!  Anyway, it’s now completed.

IMG_20200302_144231

It’s rather hard to see the arrow shape to the skirt in the above photo.  Probably because the rubber is so stiff it’s more curved than pointed.  It won’t be until the first off road trip that I find out whether my theory is accurate.

Jan has decided there should be contrasting coloured tiles in the bathroom rather than the original idea of extending the existing white tiles.  This resulted in me having to remove the tiles I had carefully cut around to avoid damaging them when I removed the bath.  It was a slow job using a putty knife hammer & cold chisel.

The now bare end to the room will be covered from floor to ceiling in grey tiles with the remained of the room in the original white.

IMG_20200302_144209

I’ve almost reached the point where I can’t continue with any of the projects until the sewer pipe connections are made for the new toilet and I can backfill the excavation.  Only then will I have trailer access to the rear of the house.

2 comments :

Paul (from Waterway Routes) said...

According to one newspaper we're supposed to sing the National Anthem.

God save our gracious CLEAN
Long live our noble CLEAN
etc.

Tom and Jan said...

Paul I think your version has more relevance! :-)