Friday 15 January 2021

I haven’t been idle!

This long hot spell means outdoor work is done early in the morning and later in the afternoon.

The first task was to relocate the surplus pavers outside the pool area.

P1010260

It appears we have sufficient to replace the old concrete square pavers in the background.

With the pavers removed I was able to fit the timber boxing before hand mixing some concrete in the wheelbarrow which enabled me to pour a kerb against the edge of the pavers.

P1010258

This has two purposes.  It will hold the edge of the pavers in place and act as a strong straight edge beam for the lawn edger.  I’ve already started to remove the surplus sand and level the ground in preparation for the installation of the water reticulation pipe and sprinklers.

This morning we went back to my favourite hardware store and purchased four bags of potting mix which will go in the base of the holes I need to dig for the fruit trees.  We also visited ‘'soils An’t Soils and bought three concrete tree rings.

P1010259 

The next three days are forecast to be very hot which means this work will be completed in brief stages.

All this digging has resulted in sand in the pool so I put Jacques in for a swim and he’s done a reasonable job.

No comments :