Thursday 7 January 2021

The Swimming Pool

There is light at the end of the pool project.  Most of the paving is laid, although I need to buy two replacement corner coping pavers and six of the letter shaped charcoal pavers.

P1010249

The pool fencing needs to be completed but I’m not going to do that until I’ve poured a concrete nib wall under the fence and on the long side of the pavers between them and the garden.  This should hold the pavers in place and also form a strong edge to the lawn.  Then I need to complete the pipework for the lawn sprinkler system and plant the last three of Jan’s fruit trees (mango, plum and some other type of fruit which I’ve forgotten).  It’s darned hot with the temperature in the high 30s so I’m taking my time.

I need a concrete pad on which to park the camper trailer and a small shed on the side of my workshop for the sawdust extraction system.  I also need to construct a shelter over the pool pump, filter and chlorinator behind the shed.  That should see the rear of the house completed and I can make a start on the front.  Everything should be done by 2031 Smile

3 comments :

Jenny said...

It's good to have a time line for your completion date.

Alf said...

Moved into a Bungalow in 1982 with a "five year plan" moved out in 2002 with the plan uncompleted, so good luck !!

Tom and Jan said...

Jenny, PLAN... who wrote about having a plan? Jan has an expanding list! :-)
Alf, Six years on the Cut was the longest I've stayed anywhere (to date). Even then we moved on average 3 times a week :-)