Saturday 6 February 2021

Can I Make a Case?

There I was lying in bed contemplating the meaning of life and what should I do next when I had a Eureka moment.  Why didn’t I make a small timber case from some of the scrap Jarrah timber surplus from the display cabinet.

This morning I clamped a short length of Jarrah to the worktop before placing a piece of white melamine sheet the same thickness either side.  Next I created a template (guides) around the length of Jarrah by nailing scrapes of Jarrah to give this effect.

P1010293

The router was then used to hollow out the centre of the Jarrah.

P1010294

The method proved satisfactory but I’m not happy with the finish.  I’m going to move the Jarrah to the right and try again.

Meanwhile it’s day six and no new COVID cases have been detected.  We still only have one case!  Mask wearing in public will continue for another eight days which means 14 days will have then elapsed since the security guard became infected.  The medical experts have now conceded the design of hotels mean the virus can escape from rooms.  Hardly surprising given they were never designed to be an isolation area.  However it must be acknowledged the hotel quarantine system has been very effective in limiting the spread of COVID into the community by returning overseas arrivals.

It’s a cool and overcast day with the odd drop of rain in the air.  Those fighting the bushfires will be greatly relieved.   A second fire occurred 12km north of the major one.  It’s highly unlikely a hot ember was blown 12km and authorities are treating the new fire as suspicious.  Unfortunately arsonists are a reality of life.  So too are looters ,with reports two evacuated houses have been robbed.  

A large hole has appeared in our front lawn.  The neighbour across the road walked over to Jan and asked her “What’s this for?” Jan informed her “Tom is sick of waiting for his order to arrive from China and has decided to dig a tunnel to collect it!” Smile  Yes, I have dug the hole.  My back reminded me of this when I woke.

P1010295

 Jan has decided she wants the Frangipani tree moved from it’s existing location against the fence in the corner of the front lawn.

P1010296 

I’m trying to move the tree without killing it. 

No comments :