Friday 12 February 2021

They’re not being honest

The top and bottom of the small case have been completed.  Obviously it will require a final sanding before varnishing. 

P1010298

I’ve now realised it may be too thin for the hidden barrel hinges I’d intended to use.  However I have an alternative…… magnets!  I think I will have to make a second, slightly larger case.  Practice makes perfect!

The paving has been completed.

P1010300 

Jan and I spent an hour in the hot sun sweeping fine sand into the paver joints.  I now need to install the boxing down the side of the path and pour a concrete kerb.  The pool company came yesterday and installed the pool cover so that’s another job completed.

The original concrete pavers have been kept.  All the unbroken squares will be used to make a pad for the camper trailer.

P1010301

I though the only outstanding job in the backyard was the kerbing along the boundary fence.  However Jan reminded me we agreed to replace the glass sliding rear door and window in the laundry with a timber wall and solid timber door.

Meanwhile the Isuzu diff drop kit still hasn’t arrived.  It was collected from the seller by the courier company on 28 Jan and took four days to travel the 90km to Sydney.  The courier company is now saying the consignment has been delayed due to the bushfires east of Perth.  There’s two thinks wrong with that excuse.  The bushfires never closed the main road between Sydney and Perth and they were extinguished several days ago.  They’re not being honest!  The poor blind and three legged camel doing the delivery is probably lost somewhere out in the desert dying of thirst.   I’ll give them another week before informing the seller I want a refund.

2 comments :

Veggi said...

I don’t want to rub salt in your wounds mate but in the U K I ordered a few cycle parts on Sunday at 09.00 and they arrived the next day at 16.00 and it was post free.

Tom and Jan said...

Yes... I remember those delivery times! No camels in the UK :-)