Monday 1 February 2021

Good things come to people who wait

Today might be the first full day of our COVID lock-down but there was a silver lining.  for more than a year I’ve been mulling over the requirement for a shower screen.  Much of the time a screen isn’t required as it’s only the Australian wildlife who watch me buck naked taking a shower.  And they usually flee in horror at the sight!  Last year I went on a wildflower trip with Ken and when he showered it wasn’t a very pretty sight.

Folding shower screen have proven to be rather expensive.  The first I found online was $500.  Later I found another supplier selling them cheap at $299.  I couldn’t justify the price to myself, electing to wait.  This morning there was a ‘one day’ special on the 4WDSupaCentre website.  The shower screen was selling at a discounted price of $174.   Then I realised they had the combined screen and water bag for $148 with free delivery.  Why you would receive more for less confused me; but I was prepared to accept a bargain. 

Jan then said “Look for a discount code!”  That seemed rather optimistic.  However she was right (as usual) and I found a working $10 code.  The final cost with free postage was $138.

201216-awning_shower_tent_akta-awn_shwr_01_-location-resized_2_of_36_instantensuite1080

I plan to fit it to the side of the camper trailer roof rack on a swivel arm. 

Meanwhile Jan has been baking buns using her new baking tray.

P1010287

She informs me the middle four are filled with sun dried tomato and Feta cheese.  Lunch should be interesting.

Back to lock-down.  The first day hasn’t proven to be much of a challenge.  It’s 39°C outside and I’m staying indoors in close proximity to the air conditioner.  Obviously the sun is shining and generating more than enough power to cool the house. 

No comments :