Thursday 22 February 2024

Another Two….

Another package arrive from China yesterday.  You might recall I mentioned the weight of the bike trailer was seriously eating into my flight baggage allowance.  Consequentially I didn't take it on the last cycling holiday in Taiwan electing instead to use rear pannier bags.  However on that trip I didn't take any camping gear.

Yesterday's delivery consisted of two 7 litre panniers for the bike front rack, also purchased from China.  The bags have been packed with the tent, mattress and sleeping bag.

P1030712

The setup looks OK (not yet tested) although I have a concern with the rack.  There is a metal bow (top arrow) that forms part of the horizontal platform (bottom arrow).  This means when the rack is disassembled for packing this component forms a large "L" shape which will be difficult to pack.  I'm thinking of cutting off the bow.  My feeling is the bow is there to stop items on the rack sliding back against the bike frame.  This isn't relevant for my purposes as the bike headlight already protrudes through the bow and I don't intend to place anything on the flat portion of the rack.

There has been further research for the planned Eurovelo trip.  

route

I've added 100km route markers, adjacent camping grounds and tourist attractions.  If I cycle 100Km daily, six days every week, I should be able to complete the route in six weeks.  Yesterday I cycled 75Km in three hours.  An average of 25km/h.  I should therefore be able to cycle 100Km in eight hours whilst allowing myself rest and sightseeing stops.

Meanwhile another project is starting.   Today a NVMe M.2 SSD storage stick was delivered.

P1030711

It's one of four components I need for my new Raspberry Pi project.  The other three are the Raspberry Pi 5 computer, a Pi bottom hat for the SSD and a case.  The plan is to build a cheap, low powered media server.

No comments :