Saturday 17 December 2011

High Flyers

Moses it was cold and wet this morning.  I played “possum” this morning pretending I was asleep which resulted in Jan arising and turning on the heater to warm Ufton.  Once I heard the kettle’s whistle I sprang from under the duvet and into my thermal underwear yawning and stretching in a pretence I’d only just woken.  Somehow I don’t think she was fooled!

Peering out the window I could see a large crane and two semi’s articulated lorries.  Today was boat moving day at Aldermaston Wharf.  Eight lifts altogether.  Two of them onto the semi’s lorries for distance waters.

Waiouru now has new neighbours.  A couple of them only require their bottom’s being blacked whilst the remainder are here for more serious work.  The bad news is the overnight storm blew the inflatable tent off the boat being painted and seriously ripped it.  I’ll have to discuss any consequential implications for the completion of Waiouru with Andy this Friday.

2 comments :

Bruce in Sanity said...

Hi

We call that particular kind of artic a "trombo", because of the way they can be stretched out to take the boat, like a trombone slide.

Glad to see so much progress on Waiouru

Have a good Christmas

Bruce

Tom and Jan said...

It's interesting to note the different names for the same object - artic, lorry, truck, semi.

Waiouru is slowly rising from the ashes. Hopefully the rate will increase in the new year.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the two of you.

Tom & Jan