Sunday 21 December 2014

Christmas

Christmas this year is starting to get very depressing.  I’m trying to avoid watching the TV.  So many depressing Ad’s about people in Africa, Asia and the UK who need my credit card details.  Then there are the donkeys, cats and dogs.   I’m suffering from charity overload.  The cynic in me is now convinced many of these charities are more businesses. 

Now I read about the eight children killed in Cairns, Queensland.  Their bodies were found by an older sibling when he returned to the family home.  The mother is in hospital where police want to question her.  They aren’t looking for anyone else.  The media hint at the involvement of illicit drugs.  Police had to tell the children’s five fathers.   What… FIVE fathers!  Looks like this woman was running the equivalent of a puppy factory!  I guess funded by social welfare benefits.

Joe Hockey, the Australian Treasurer has told the media that government revenue from income tax is below forecast and the nation will have to tighten it’s belt.  Joe, it doesn’t take that much common sense to work out that if you deny people a salary cost of living increase then you shouldn’t expect an increase in collected income tax.

I can see that as the years pass I’m becoming a grumpy old curmudgeon.

2 comments :

KevinTOO said...

You Tom, a curmudgeon, I don't believe it...

Happy Christmas to you and Jan 😁

Tom and Jan said...

Bah Humbug! :-)

And Merry Christmas to you!