Monday 18 January 2016

The Big Lock

Jan heard snow falling during the night whilst I blissfully slept on.  Being slightly deaf has some advantages!  At 630am this morning I took a photo from the stern.  The camera has done wonders with the light as it was darker than the photo.

IMG_8749

Only a light dusting of snow and despite the temperature being the same as yesterday morning the surface of the canal hadn’t frozen.  Either Middlewich has a micro-climate or more likely the surrounding “civilization” has had an effect.

Jan decided to do some houskeeping under my supervision whilst I watched studiously ignored her.  We had our regular Sunday roast lunch around the corner at The Big Lock.  Jan opted for the beef whilst I had the pork.  We have no complaints about the quality, price or service but it wasn’t a “stand out” lunch.

On the way back to Waiouru we noticed all the snow had melted.

20160117_130401

Waiouru in the distance

I spent most of the afternoon either contemplating my navel or examining the inside of my eyelids.  Jan knitted and then updated the family accounts (the local swan also got fed…with my water crackers).  Bit of a lazy day (for me).

This is our 5th visit to Middlewich so it will be interesting to see if I can find something new!

No comments :