Tuesday 2 January 2018

I did tell you!

Seen in the supermarket this morning

20180102_095703

I’m far too sensible to carried away with all this New Year revelling.  Jan is very quick to point out we’ve only celebrated a New Year once and that was two weeks after we were married. 

I used to get woken by the sounding of horns or fireworks, fortunately deteriorating hearing has eliminated that problem.  However I do recall we were moored in Birmingham for the previous New Year and was woken by the rocking of the boat.  A couple of young male revellers had decided to untie our frozen mooring lines.  There I was at 1.30AM standing in bare feet on the icy towpath dressed only in my cotton PJ shorts attempting to retie frozen ropes.  Fortunately I was able to get a warming cuddle when I returned to bed (actually I think she attempted to fight me off)

Plans for 2018.  We’d like to sell our Adelaide house and build another.  I also need to buy and then modify, a cheap camper trailer for my first outback journey.  Jan has very sensibly decided she is not going to accompany me.

We hope your 2018 plans also come to fruition.

10 comments :

Snowy Owl said...

Happy New Year to you both.

Looking forward to reading your continued exploits in 2018 :)

Best wishes for 2018
Alison

Tom and Jan said...

Hi Alison, Hopefully 2018 will be more interesting and we can get away from some of this boring drivel ;-)

Jenny said...

Happy New Year Tom and Jan.

Who would have believed that Hot Cross Buns would be out in the shops so early? There's nothing wrong with a nice Ht Cross Bun, but these seem indecently early.

It will be interesting to read your adventures with the camper. But being you - of course it will start with a:first buy the camper followed by b:then change it all around to suit! Then finally c: go camping. Better be extra careful, there's snakes and crocs out in the wild where you live.

Robin and Jenny, Romany Rambler

Tom and Jan said...

Jenny, you forgot the spiders, ants, camels and dingos! :-) But don't concern yourself.... I shall have my trusty swiss army knife :-)

Judith nb Serena said...

A happy new year to you both. We like you don't do much celebrating these days, didn’t even go out to see the fireworks this year owing to it blowing a hooly and chucking it down with rain! Hope you accomplish all your intended travels Tom, don't blame Jan for wanting to stay at home.
Judith and John nb Serena

Tom and Jan said...

Wind, rain, snow, cold weather..... sounds wonderful! :-)

Jennie said...

Happy New Year to you both, Tom and Jan. We did celebrate the New Year - we were with Sue and Ken from nb Cleddau. It seems to be becoming a rather good annual tradition! We use for boat planning! 2018 should see the four of us going across the Wash again, but from Boston this time - well we are hoping the tides will be with us during the time we want to go.

I will read your exploits with interest. I am sure all your plans will come to fruition.

Jennie and Chris nb Tentatrice

Tom and Jan said...

Hi Jennie, Have a safe trip across the Wash. I could never convince Jan to attempt the voyage!

Mrs. Jaqueline Biggs said...

Hi Tom and Jan, I am having a catch up on boat blogs now. It sure seems odd to see a picture of Tom inside a house instead of a boat! I covet Jan's new fridge. I had one with a bottom freezer at Cloudhouse and I loved it!

Wishing you both fabulous and fun new adventures and happy contentment this next year,

Love Jaq xxx

Tom and Jan said...

Hi Jaq
Happy New Year and may your wishes come true.

We do miss the boat and probably more importantly; the boating community. Rattling around a house does feel strange. I find myself become less tidy as space is no longer an issue :-)