Friday 2 February 2018

One completed and a start on the next

A visit to Bunnings this morning for a small aerosol can of metal primer paint so I could paint the bracket I’ve made for the secondary fuel filter.  A coat of primer before lunch and a top coat mid afternoon allowed me to install it later in the day.

IMG_2183

The holes lined up and I’m very pleased to report this additional bracket has stopped the original mounting from vibrating.

IMG_2184 

The 3rd row of seats in the 4x4 were removed whilst the paint was drying.  This has dropped the floor level in the back providing more storage capacity.  I used the original seat mount points and bolts to fit some hardwood packing blocks before installing some lateral hardwood planks.

IMG_2179IMG_2180IMG_2185

The tops of the planks are level however I need to raise the new plywood floor panel by 14mm to make it level with the lip of the rear door.

I’m going to make a fridge slide on the left side and a sliding drawer on the right.  There will be a full width shelf above.  The cabinets will be made

from 12mm plywood covered in marine carpet to match the existing décor.

Do you recognise the 12V fridge/freezer that I’m going to use?

IMG_2188

It’s the one we had on Waiouru!

2 comments :

Alf said...

Bunnings are about to be seen in the UK as they have bought out the Homebase name & shops.

Tom and Jan said...

Better get along there and buy you sausage Alf! :-)