Friday 1 February 2019

Method 4

A big thank you to everyone who left a comment regarding my latest attempt to find a solution to the Open Live Writer photo problem.

Method 4 is actually quite simple.  You need to use Blogger and Open Live Writer.  The steps are:

  1. Login to you Blogger editor and start a new post.  Add all the photos you want in your Open Live Writer post; size photos to Original Size. Save as draft.
  2. Open OLW. Click on File > Open Recent Post >Your Blog Name > the post you just created in Blogger.
  3. Edit with desired text and formatting. Resize photos as needed. (If you need to add another photo or image, you'll have to save, close, and reopen in Blogger to add it)
  4. Publish
  5. When you next login to Blogger delete the draft from the previous post.

I used the above steps yesterday to insert the 3 photos into Open Live Writer and then published them from OLW. 

Pip & Mick (nb Oleana) I agree with you.  Google has apparently been making a number of changes to their systems over the last few days.  I suspect this may be the reason why sometimes the photos can be seen and at other times there are just blank boxes. 

I’ve also looked at Wordpress.  Apparently there are two versions.  One version is hosted at no cost by Wordpress, but does carry Ads.  The other version requires the user to host it themselves on server space they rent.  This option doesn’t display Wordpress Ads.

5 comments :

nb Bonjour said...

Tom, what would we do without you?! thanks for doing all the spadework on this, by the time we are back on the boat everything should be working smoothly again ;)
Debby

Steve-the-Wargamer said...

If you use an ad-blocker (and who desn't these days) then the ads version is good value... :o) I've always thought the Wordpress blog templates are a little bland, but to be honest I'm also happy with plain vanilla blogger editor and posting my pictures straight into the post... anything the editor doesn't do (eg. tables) I work around with a bit of basic HTML...

Tom and Jan said...

Steve I didn't know you could block the Ads. Learn something new every day! :-)

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser said...

Tom, I had just worked out option 4 myself, just by playing with things, but its not as good as putting the photos into OLW and then loading the whole lot. Last time I had this problem https://github.com/ came up with a fix, hopefully they will be able to do the same again soon, in the meantime it looks like option 4, bit of a pain but will get it online.

Tom and Jan said...

Brian I waiting (hoping) that once Google has settled down the OLW developers will modify the program with a new API