Monday 21 November 2022

No rest for the wicked!

For several years I've been meaning to do something about the area behind the workshop.  It's partially a dumping ground storage area for things that may be useful one day and also the pool pump and filtration area.  There are two issues.  The first is a requirement to provide some weather protection for the pool equipment and the other is to minimise the leaves falling into the area from the neighbours tree.  These leaves are also filling the gutters on the workshop.  The tree doesn't know it yet, but when winter arrives it's getting a haircut!

I'm constructing a lean-to on the rear wall of the workshop and the first stage is to erect three posts.

P1020229 

The first post went into the corner yesterday and the second this morning.  The middle post will be erected tomorrow.  The rafters will probably be installed next week.  I won't be fitting the roof until after the tree has received it's haircut!

I should mention that thus far my DIY pool water heater is working well.

A courier delivered the second towbar hitch I'd ordered online.

P1020231

I decided it was just a hassle constantly changing the original hitch from the camper trailer connection to a conventional ball joint.  The second hitch enables me to have one for each.  At $16 I thought it was a bargain.

And for some humour……..

russians

No comments :