Saturday 24 June 2023

Success at Last!

Not this first part as Jan never has a failure!

P1020710

Two ingredient scones.   I think one of the ingredients is self-raising flour.  Doesn't particularly matter as they were delicious!  Me….. I can burn water.

For several weeks I've been very frustrated with the boat navigation project.  Initially I thought I required (and bought) two small solid state modules.  The BMP820 is supposed to detect barometric pressure, temperature and humidity.  Whilst the system recognised the module it never detected humidity and only intermittently detected the other two.  The second module was an IMU.  This has 9 axis gimbals and measures Roll, Pitch, Yawl and compass direction.  The module wasn't being detected by the system and after several weeks of effort I started to suspect it was defective.  I also discovered the IMU included a BMP820. 

Eventually I purchased a replacement IMU from another Aliexpress seller.  When this module arrived it also wasn't detected.  Obviously I had done something incorrect with the configuration.  A week later and totally frustrated; I ordered a 3rd IMU module.  This time from the USA.  Today it arrived from Hong Kong and after making the required connections it was immediately recognised!

IMU 

BMP820 - GY91 IMU and the 3rd IMU that works.

I can now progress the project.

Meanwhile the courier delivered some Australian condoms.  I had ordered the extra large.

P1020716

They are Chinese made condoms.  Too big for Australian Smile  I'm going to use them in an effort to seal the nozzles of the adhesive tubes I use in the caulking gun.  Hopefully they will prevent the adhesive hardening in the tube thereby minimizing the current wastage.

2 comments :

Davidss said...

Last blog post was 24th June, just seeking reassurance that everything is OK.
David.

Tom and Jan said...

Yes.... just returned from a long 4WD trip and will recommence posts as soon as I've cleaned vehicle, trailer and gear. Thanks for the concern!