Tuesday 24 August 2021

Ken’s Expertise

Ken visited today laying the sandstone blocks that now form the kerbing for the path in front of the lounge room window. I did the labouring and generally got in the way.

P1010563

Thank you Ken!

Prior to Ken’s arrival the postman delivered the exterior 240V power socket I’d ordered online.  It’s required for the new gas instant hot water heater.  Jan and I ran the cable down inside the wall cavity during the weekend and today I fitted the double socket.

P1010559

I just need to convince Jan she needs to get back up on the roof and remove a tile in order for her to lower the other end of the cable down inside the cavity to the wall socket in the study where I will make the connection.

Before he left Ken helped carry several sheets of 2400x1200x19mm plywood into the ‘man cave’.  One was then propped vertically against the end wall.  The plan is for it to be our long overdue bedhead.

I had a cunning plan (sorry Baldrick).  Just prior to leaving the UK our youngest son gave me his computer projector for safe keeping.  My plan was to use it to project the narrowboat scene onto the plywood.  You may recall the sketch.

NARROWBOAT smll

After some adjusting I managed to project the sketch onto the plywood in the correct position.

P1010560

Yes, the sketch is upside down.  There was a scratch on the upper part of the plywood sheet and by reversing the sketch I plan to position the scratch where it will be hidden by the mattress.

P1010561

The bedhead will be 1800x1200mm with 300-400mm of the height hidden by the mattress and pillows.  The next step was to carefully copy the lines of the sketch with a pencil.

P1010562

With the projector turned off the pencil lines are hard to see.  I’ll need to trace over them with a black fine felt tip pen.  I’ll also need to buy an appropriately sized bit for the router.

 

No comments :