Saturday 21 August 2021

Second Attempt

You might have made the same natural assumption as me when reading the details on the plate in the Isuzu engine bay.

plate

The plate is in an awkward place to photograph which had to be done from the opposite side of the vehicle hence the focus.  However you can probably see the Color/Trim is shown as 529/117.  If you assumed the main colour of the vehicle was colour code 529 and the trim code was 117 you would be WRONG!  (as was I) Code 117 is silver and when I did the spray painting I got this result.

P1010546

Originally I was going to live with the colour, but then it grated on me and I decided to do more research..  Eventually I found a website which stated

Bumper paint Obsidian Grey - code 554

Back to the local AutoOne outlet where they mixed me another expensive spray can of paint.

Today I masked and rubbed back the area before repainting.

mux bumper

Not an exact match… But it looks better than before.  Actually I quite like contrast in the finish!

No comments :