Tuesday 14 June 2011

Walking around Rugby

Whilst walking around Rugby I discovered a pedestrian footpath leading from the centre of the town down across the railway lines and past Tesco to the canal.  Along the way I came across this statue to Frank Whittle, the inventor of the jet engine.

We were last this way four years ago on a Black Prince hire boat and I recall these moorings were full.  Finding them almost empty came as quite a surprise.  Strolling north I came across a boat whose blog we have been reading for some time.

Lynne and Paul were aboard and I spent an interesting 30 minutes discussing boats and builders before realising Jan would be starting to wonder where I was.

3 comments :

Derek and Dot said...

Hi Tom and Jan
Is that pedestrian bridge over the railway open at last. It has been closed for 3 years!

Tom and Jan said...

Yes, walked over it to get to the canal.

Elly and Mick said...

Lovely to see you wandering the canals and visiting other bloggers!