Thursday 27 October 2011

The Accident I Don’t Remember Having

At 4:30pm I received a text message on my mobile phone from +447XXXXXXXXX.  The message stated.

“You have still not claimed the compensation you are due for the accident you had.  To start the process please reply YES.  To opt out text STOP”

As I haven’t had an accident, and therefore have no intention of claiming compensation, I can only assume this is a misdirected text message or a scam.  Probably the latter.

Unless more information is forthcoming I will simply ignore it!

5 comments :

Julia & Mark said...

I've a sneaking suspicion that if you text 'stop' it won't be free or the usual cost of a text.....

Tom and Jan said...

Ah.... I hadn't thought of that one Julia & Mark.
Jan saw Poppy go past us but she decided to was too cold and wet to run out and call after you.

Anonymous said...

If you text 'stop' they, yes, the infamous 'they', will have a confirmation of a live phone....
Joe (the other half)logs the number as NUISANCE and ignores it or answers the call and lets it hang unanswered. Happily I don't get these calls....yet.
Lesley
Nb Caxton

Pip said...

I had one as well a week or so back - it's just text spam - ignore them and just delete - don't answer as that will probably cost you money!

Tom and Jan said...

Until today I hadn't realised text spam existed. I wonder where the senders mobile phone number really goes........

No.. I'm not going to phone it to find out!!