Friday 3 November 2017

Failure

This post is all about the making of the bed end panels.  If that bores you, then sorry.  Oh, you’re also likely to be bored tomorrow!

The arrival of the router bits from China meant I could start on the assembly of the two panels for the end of the bed.  If there was one thing I learned from Richard and James at Aldermaston it was to experiment with waste timber first.

IMG_1943

Oops!   glad it was the cheap pine offcuts.

IMG_1944

Nope….!

IMG_1950

At last!  Smile

The logical thing to do was record the router bit settings and save the two pieces of pine to use as a future template.

IMG_1948

The Chinese router bits worked on the pine but I wondered how they would fair with the much harder Jarrah.

I was starting to feel mentally exhausted at this stage and decided to stop working on the bed before I made a mistake.  With time left in the day I decided to make a box to hold the collection of 19mm router bits out of the waste pine and plywood offcuts.

IMG_1946

There are two more Chinese bits somewhere in the post so I left room.

IMG_1947

Hopefully the box will provide some protection.

No comments :