Wednesday 18 December 2019

Success and Failure

First the failure.  This morning we purchased four new batteries for the TPMS tyre sensor.  The damned control box still beeps which means I’ve made no progress.

The good news is the camper trailer hot water system works.  I needed to purchase an adapter for the gas regulator and a cigarette lighter plug.  The latter was used to make a 12V extension cable which now has the cigarette plug at one end and an Anderson plug at the other.  This lead connects the external 12V cigarette socket on the side of the trailer to the water pump.  The trial system looks like this….

IMG_4231

The pump sucks the water from the jerrican into the water heater.  The shower rose has an On/Off button and with the button OFF the pump turns off.  When the shower rose is tuned on both the pump and water heater start.

IMG_4232

The water temperature is more than sufficient to have a shower.  I’ll have to adjust the temperature knob on the heater.  The pump, hoses and cable all fit into the compartment behind the freezer when not required. 

There are two final steps.  I need to build some method of securing the heater to the trailer.  It won’t be permanent and I need the shower system to be portable.  I also need to fit a collapsible shower cubicle to the trailer.  Actually I probably don’t required the cubicle if I’m travelling solo.  There will only be the wildlife to frighten!

No comments :