Thursday 30 September 2021

Finished

Some neighbourhood excitement yesterday when the boom of a large crane appeared on the skyline.

P1010611

Over our back fence our neighbours,  Christian & Donna, we having their new swimming pool installed.  Apparently Donna told Christian he either had to marry her or pay for a pool.  I believe the pool was the cheaper option! Smile

On our side of the fence I’d become disillusioned with the long delivery time for the ‘T-Bolts’ I’d ordered online from China.  They are required to complete the camper trailer modifications.  Today I decided to make ‘T-Bolts’ from some standard coach bolts bought at the local hardware store.  I used the Aldi angle grinder and a file to shape the heads on the bolts which enabled me to fit the gas instant hot water heater bracket to the ‘T-Track’ on side of the clamshell bed along with a bracket for the towel and clothing support.

P1010610 

The trailer is now finished…… And I anticipate the T-Bolts will arrive from China tomorrow.   Such is life!

With some time on my hands I also made a rack for my fishing rods using scrap timber.  Scrounging around I also found a couple of pulleys which I decided years ago may come in useful one day Smile   The rack is now suspended from the garage ceiling which gets the rods out of the way and frees up some space.

P1010609

I’m not too happy with the strength of the cordage holding the rack and will need to look for something stronger to allay my concerns.

In the meantime I’ve started planning an outback trip to test the trailer.

No comments :