Sunday 8 May 2022

Nurturer Person Day

Jan was rather bemused to read today is not Mothers Day.  Apparently schools are teaching it’s “Nurturer Person Day.”  I guess if Jan is “Nurturer Person” then our three children are “Expense”, “Mistake” and “Cost a Lot”.   Smile

Another pleasing bike ride today.  I rode 56km  and didn’t feel sore after.  Actually I’ve spare energy left ,which meant the pool got cleaned.

The bike route was around the lower portion of the Swan River.

Fremantle I covered the route in a clockwise direction starting in the east.

There are some very nice (and expensive) looking water front homes on the south side of the river in the suburbs of Applecross and Attadale. 

P1020008

P1020009

None look like they have much of a backyard, but then there is a large linear park between the homes and the shore.  However, with no room for a ‘man cave’ they don’t interest me!

Somewhere in the distance the river narrows where it enters the Indian Ocean.

P1020011

A small part of my brain was telling me “That looks a long way to go!”

Behind me on the opposite bank the tower blocks of the CBD dominate the skyline.

P1020010

At last I reached the halfway point.  The Narrows Bridge at Fremantle.

P1020013

I followed the Fremantle PsP beside the rail line on the northern side of the river until the city was reached. 

P1020014

Many of the tower blocks are occupied by large minerals companies (BHP, Rio Tinto, Woodside, etc).  Western Australia is heavily dependent upon mining.

A relatively recent addition to the city waterfront is “The Raft”.  A bar and bistro, with access only available by boat.  That probably makes it hard “to do a runner” without paying the bill.

P1020015

Dave,

I think I may have solved the bike left crank problem.  After disassembling the entire mechanism I realised the cause was probably paint which had been liberally sprayed by the manufacturer over the square hub shaft and the square hole in the head of the crank.  The areas were cleaned back to bare metal and liberally covered with Loctite before reassembly.  To date the crank has remained tight.

2 comments :

Dave said...

Fingers crossed thats it

Jenny said...

You are doing very well on your bike trips, good on you! As for thises swanky waterfront homes with no room for a man cave, having they heard of global warming and rising sea levels yet? They will soon all be on the market at rock bottom prices.