Tuesday 12 December 2023

Midland PSP - Bayswater WA

My first serious attempt a video.  The YouTube link below works for me and I'm hoping it will work for any interested reader.  Please leave a comment if it doesn't! 

Video of the Midland PSP at Bayswater WA

In the dim and dark recesses of my mind I think Brian on NB Harnser provided details on inserting a video into Open Live Writer…  But I've forgotten how it's done!

If you do view the 3 minute video I would appreciate criticism.   I need to improve and this will be greatly assisted with constructive criticism.  Does the video tell a story?  Is it too long/short?  Are the camera angles acceptable?  Titles and text?  

On another previously mentioned subject I believe I have a solution to the camera angle on the selfie stick.  It also solves one of my other problems.  The need to exchange cameras and mounting brackets.   I've purchased three Ulanzi Hummingbird quick release mounting brackets.

The female half of the mount fits onto the screw on the stand and the male half screws into the base of the camera.  The two halves can be locked together in a 'dovetail' joint.  There's a small button on the side that releases the joint when pressed

P1030603P1030597

One quick release on the small octopus tripod

P1030598

A second on the large tripod

P1030599P1030600

The third on the selfie stick.

I probably need a 4th mount for the bike bracket and 4K action camera.

2 comments :

Barger said...

Tom, I thought the video was pretty good for a first attempt. I think you should try doing a voice over on the next one,as the music is a bit annoying.

Tom and Jan said...

Hi Barger
Thanks for the comment. I've been giving some consideration on how I might add a narrative. More on that in a future blog post.