Saturday 7 January 2012

Morning Walk

Such a lovely morning a walk seemed appropriate.  It was a circular trail around the local wetlands.  We started by crossing Padworth Lock.

From the signage I believe this is a former gravel pit.  Being located between the canal and the River Kennett it would make an idea marina.

I’m rather fascinated by the cladding on this building.  The planks are made from longitudinally sawn logs

Even more interesting was the fact it’s been built over the stream.

I suspect it’s an old mill.  Further around there was a footbridge and weir across the river.

The last part of the walk was along a leaf strewn track with wetlands on either side.

2 comments :

Mike and Poppy said...

A belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you both. I hope that things start to pick up and go right for you both in 2012.

Mick n Mags

Tom and Jan said...

And the same to all four of you. I've found the recent battery posts most interesting!