Monday 23 January 2012

Skirts Up

With little wind this morning I took the opportunity to lift the tarpaulin onto the roof of Waiouru and expose her sides.  After sweeping them I managed to apply a second coat of primer.

Waiouru is almost back to the condition she would have been when she left Tim Tyler’s yard.  We’re waiting on the spray foam contractor to repair the insulation and will then be able to fit the portholes and houdini hatches which are due to be delivered this week.

I must remember to get the tarpaulin back over her before it gets dark.

3 comments :

Elly and Mick said...

Tom & Jan, I know this isn't quite the way you imagined the start of your life with nb Waiouru. I'm thinking you had an image in mind of moving aboard a perfectly finished boat once you arrived in the UK.
But this is me and my "trying to always look at the positive side".... and I'm thinking you'll be feeling a real sense of accomplishment when the day comes to be moving aboard. Hope that will go a small way towards wiping out some of the bad feeling over the whole Ben Harp thing.
Elly
www.ellyandmick.blogspot.com

Tom and Jan said...

Hi Elly,
The greater the struggle and sacrifice...... The sweeter the result! :-)

John Schell said...

Hi Tom/Jan
I like your positive attitude Tom/Jan.
The paint job is shaping Waiouru into a deam that is coming true
Cheers

John s.