Sunday 19 February 2012

Rear Cabin Doors

I’ve been concerned about the weather and the potential for the new rear cabin doors rusting since they were installed so I was up reasonable early to give them a coat of primer. 

The first thing I noticed was the method used to fix them to the door frame.  When the doors arrived from Nick Thorpe I noticed each hinge had two holes.

I thought these holes were to enable the doors to be bolted to the frame.  How mistaken I was!  The welder actually used the holes to weld the door to the frame and then filled in the weld to provide a flush finish.  This is a much more secure way of fixing the door to the frame.

The hinges and edges of the door have now been given a coat of primer.  I also used the time to paint the bare metal on the filled porthole.  Now we must wait the arrival of the spray foam contractor.

No comments :