Sunday 5 December 2010

What a Contrast

We arrived back in Adelaide to a very hot and dry day with the temperature hovering around 35c. A marked contrast to our week in Coffs Harbour!  Many of the communities in central NSW and southern Queensland now face yet more flooding after late and heavy spring rains.  On the other side of the world they are also experiencing extreme temperatures.  But at the other end of the scale!

Whilst in Coffs Harbour we were given our Christmas presents.

The gifts will be most useful when we are on Waiouru.  Jan was given this

captain

and I received this ??????

crew

How well your children get to know you!

5 comments :

Derek and Dot said...

Nothing like remembering where your place is! :-)

Tom and Jan said...

I'm the head of the household and I have Jan's permission to tell everyone!

Derek and Dot said...

Your live traffic shows us as in Manchester when when are in Cambridgeshire. Yeah right, so not exactly accurate.

Tom and Jan said...

And here was me thinking you were in Germany!
I guess it might have something to do with the location of your ISP?

Steve Jones said...

actually I thought I was quite diplomatic by giving both hats to Mum and letting her decide