Thursday 16 December 2010

What's Happening?

I’m aware there hasn’t been much boat information on this blog for a few days.  And the reason for this is I don’t have any new information to share.  Moreover I can’t just jump into the car and take a short two hour drive to the builder’s location and see what is happening.  This “Tyranny of Distance” issue can be quite frustrating.
Each night the TV runs a story about the severe winter being experienced in the UK this year (along with much of Europe).  My assumption is this has slowed down the project and I also assume it will come to a halt over Christmas and New Year.  It’s therefore possible Waiouru won’t be launched and ready for fitout until after the New Year.  Assuming the canal isn’t frozen! 
Looking at the positive side...... It might actually be a good thing if Waiouru remains in a workshop rather than out in the weather with no portholes or hatch covers.

No comments :