Friday 31 March 2017

Short Cruise

It was a short cruise today.  We left Weedon Bec after 9.30 and were moored outside Heyford Fields Marina by noon.  There was a stop at Stowe Hill for water.  Just to top up the tank.

IMG_1515

Is this the only green water point on the network?

There was a second stop at Bridge 32 to fill the diesel cans (domestic 71ppl). When I suggested to the attendant that business must have declined with the recent warm weather he told me it died at the end of the second week in January.

We found a good mooring at the end of a line of boats outside Heyford Fields Marina.

IMG_1523IMG_1522I spent some of the afternoon applying a second coat of black paint to the bow scroll work and the stern.  It appears my fear that the rain would cause the paint to”bloom” was unfounded.

IMG_1516

Hopefully the brush marks will flatten out over the next few days.

IMG_1517

I need to make a decision about the remaining black paintwork on the bow.  It’s not chipped or marked but the paint looks slightly dull.  I might be able to improve the surface using a cutting compound and some polish rather than sanding and repainting.

2 comments :

Alan Montague said...

To help reduce brush marks and thick edges etc. have you looked at the additive Owatrol oil? It's been recommended to me numerous times and I have bought some to try this summer when painting.

Tom and Jan said...

Hi Alan

Yes, I'm using Owatrol and it does make the paint easier to apply.