Tuesday 8 September 2020

Another Delivery

Australia Post delivered another package this morning.  Can you guess what it is?

P1010118

It’s the pool stainless steel handrail.  With the relocation of the pool my plans for fitting it have been placed on hold.

Meanwhile I’m pleased to report all the chipping has been completed.  Jan suggested the bathroom now looks slightly art deco.

P1010119P1010120

I’d never have got this far without the use of Ken’s comb hammer.  Ken also suggested I probably wouldn’t be able to remove the large mirror above the vanity without breaking it.  But I had a cunning plan.  Ken had suggested using paint scrapers.  however I opted to use a 26” cross cut saw and a 1000mm steel ruler.  I managed to fit the saw blade between the back of the mirror and the wall and saw downwards cutting through the adhesive.  Having done both sides I then attacked from the top.  It was then a case of gently prying the mirror away from the wall.  It shattered…  I hate to write this…. but Ken was right! Winking smile

The last of my preparation work involves brushing the wall with a stiff brush and then washing them with a wet sponge.  Hopefully the Tiler will make a start next week.

I’ve already made a start on the pool alterations digging out more lawn.  I’m rather annoyed that I’ve dug out lawn and water reticulation pipes which now require reinstating.

No comments :