Wednesday 2 September 2020

The Alternative Method

Brian (nb Harnser) left a comment describing an alternative method of embedding videos into a post and I’ve been trying it out.

The Steps are

  1. Login to You Tube and copy the address
  2. Load open Live Writer and write you text.  When you get to the section where you want the video.
  3. Click from the ‘Edit’ to the ‘Source’ tab in the bottom left of the screen

ut3

Paste the You Tube address into the source screen. (In my example it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DF80oAqzSA)

ut4 You now end up with more code below the embedded You Tube link.  you can adjust the size of the You Tube video window by changing the figures for the width.  All my photos are 550 wide so I changed the video window to the same.

ut5

It’s very hard to see in the above window but I changed the width figure from 564 to 550.

If I have followed Brian’s instructions correctly then there should be an embedded video of the Falkirk Wheel.

Result

Did not work.... I must be doing something wrong!!!!


No comments :