Monday 19 October 2020

Fourteen Years

Fourteen years!  Apparently that is how much bad luck I now have after breaking two bathroom mirrors.  I suppose this means I’ll be unlucky until the day I fall off my perch!. The original mirror needed to be removed to allow the Tiler access.  When it came to replacing the mirror I carefully cut two pieces of scrap melamine timber to act as supports for the bottom edge of the new mirror.  They were taped to the new wall tiles.

P1010161 

I didn’t want the second mirror to fall off the wall and liberally coated the back with a combination of sikaflex adhesive and double sided tape.   We held the mirror horizontally with the bottom edge resting on top of my timber supports before swinging it vertically against the wall.  Then I realised the lower left corner had dropped behind the timber support.  It was my fault; I should have anticipated this risk.  The mirror now had a 10% list and was well and truly stuck fast.  Not wanting the wet sikaflex to be smeared all over the place, I left the mirror for 24 hours to allow the sikaflex to set before smashing the second (new) mirror and removing it from the wall.

The second attempt was successful.

P1010162 

Note Jan’s throne has also been installed in the corner.

P1010163

Twenty-four hours later……

P1010164

This morning I removed all the tape from the mirror and installed the toilet paperwork holder.  The only outstanding step in the project is the installation of the window horizontal timber louvre blind, which is being manufactured in China and isn’t expected to be delivered until early next year.  When it is fitted the old brown aluminium window frame will be obscured.

We are still waiting on the delivery of the pool pump.  I guess that’s also coming from China Sad smile

No comments :