Saturday 29 May 2021

Over Engineered

One of my many failings is I tend to over engineer things I make.  The tackle box is no exception.

P1010460 

As you can see in the above photo I’ve fitted all my fishing traces onto five “noodles” and yet I have room for another five.  No doubt I’ll get a spurt of enthusiasm and make more traces.

Postman Pat made more deliveries today.

P1010459

The precision woodworking ruler and the stop for the bench saw fence arrived from China.  One of the first tasks was to fit the stop to the fence.

P1010461

It hasn’t worked out quite as I had anticipated but I’ll resolve it somehow.

Meanwhile Jan went to use her new gardening tool storage only to find the lid wouldn’t open.  I hadn’t notice the problem as I thought it was my seat.  The last coat of paint had sealed the lid to the base.  an easy fix!

A text message arrived today advising I was due for my second Astrazeneca injection.  10-12 weeks hasn’t elapsed and I phoned the surgery to ask what was going on.  The Receptionist explained with a tired voice, I wasn’t due and that the system was sending out messages too early.  Another “cock-up” with the Federal government vaccination plan!

A question for our readers…

Does anyone know how many more press conferences and interviews Prince Harry will need to give before he achieves the privacy he craves? Smile

 

2 comments :

Mike Griffin said...

I thought the outpourings from 'the Wimp' and his Governess would not have crossed the Equator.....

Tom and Jan said...

Worldwide coverage Mike